11 Corrosion Questions to Ask
1. Is our underground piping system coated?
2. When was our underground carbon steel piping system installed?
3. Is the underground carbon steel piping insulated from above- ground piping?
4. Is underground carbon steel piping system being cathodically protected?
5. Is the cathodic protection system being monitored?
NFPA 54, 2018 Edition 22.214.171.124 Cathodic protection systems shall be monitored by testing and the results shall be documented.
6. Does our natural gas piping system have an accurate map or drawing?
7. Do we have a maintenance program for our exposed steel gas piping?
8. Do we have any atmospheric corrosion on our exposed steel gas piping?
9. When was the last time we had a Gas Leakage Detection Survey conducted on our facilities underground piping systems?
10. What loss of production and revenue would we sustain if fuel gas supply was interrupted for one day? One week?
11. Has the Natural Gas Piping Facility Isolation Valve and Building Isolation Valve been labeled and function properly?